Already a ScienceDirect customer?
If you already have a ScienceDirect account, please click the link below to sign in.
Your path to discovery
Connect different areas of knowledge and form an exploratory network.
Finding relevant content has never been so easy
Our free Recommendations service uses machine learning and your online activity to suggest research tailored to your needs.
Welcome to the leading platform of peer-reviewed scholarly literature
To connect the dots and see the big picture, researchers require access to reliable interdisciplinary research and fundamental information. With an intuitive, comprehensive platform featuring smart tools, deep insights on topics, and access to high-impact and topical eBooks, ScienceDirect helps researchers gain knowledge, generate more ideas and answer their most pressing questions in less time.
Start searching now
A ScienceDirect subscription gives you and your patrons access to articles from up to 3,800 journals and over 37,000 book titles.
Even without a subscription, ScienceDirect brings the world of open science to you wherever you are. With over 250,000 open access publications at your fingertips, the next big step towards discovery is yours to take.
Begin your search with a key word or phrase e.g.
"This is [the] widest search engine for scientific articles." Randhir Singh, Researcher, Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College
Access to books and journals provides more meaningful insights
Whether conducting a broad subject overview or an in-depth analysis, books and journals work in harmony to impart researchers with knowledge, nurture insights and illuminate new paths for discovery. Using the many cross links embedded in publications on ScienceDirect, researchers can move seamlessly between the two formats across topics and disciplines.
90% of surveyed users agree that in their work they often use books and journals together.
Source: TechValidate survey of 267 users of Elsevier ScienceDirect Books TVID: 39C-DC2-A29
Every day, an average of 11,267 books are accessed together with journal content in the same session.
Source: ScienceDirect Co-Usage Data Analysis, 2017
Go beyond search and discovery
- Unparalleled breadth:
- Millions of publications, from full-text journal articles to authoritative books
- Books on ScienceDirect cover 24 subject collections across disciplines such as biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology, chemistry, clinical medicine, engineering and veterinary medicine
- Impressive depth:
- ScienceDirect backfiles provides access to leading scientific research from before 1995
- Quality beyond compare:
- Elsevier’s stringent publishing standards guarantee quality publications
- Thousands of Elsevier journals, articles and book chapters are available on ScienceDirect as open access. For a full list, visit Elsevier’s open science pages.
- Advanced data analytics and machine learning capabilities deliver researchers the information they need, when they need it – discover personalized Recommendations
- Sophisticated search and retrieval tools make it easy to discover more relevant journal articles and book chapters
- Cutting-edge Topic pages bring relevant research, including selected contextual information from reference books, to you from across the research landscape in a single, optimal environment for intuitive learning
- ScienceDirect APIs let you retrieve and integrate our leading, full-text content directly from your own website or applications
"Very rich, instructive and up to date." Jamilé Khoury, Senior Researcher, Saint Joseph University
Ready to get started with ScienceDirect?
Contact us about our subscription options.