北京pk10计划微信群:Peter P. Chen Award
北京pk10开奖走势图 www.iv4y4.cn Initiated by Elsevier in 2008 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Data and Knowledge Engineering journal, the Peter P. Chen award honors one person each year for outstanding contributions to the field of conceptual modeling.
The award is presented annually at the Entity Relationship (ER) International Conference on Conceptual Modeling
- Research: how well the nominee has helped advance the field of conceptual modeling with his/her intellectual contributions.
- Service: participation in the organization of conceptual-modeling-related meetings and conferences and participation in editorial boards of conceptual-modeling-related journals.
- Education: how effectively the nominee has mentored doctoral students in conceptual modeling, produced researchers from their labs, and helped mentor other young people in the field.
- Contribution to practice: the extent to which the nominee has contributed to technology transfer, commercialization, and industrial projects.
- International reputation: the extent to which the nominee's work is visible to and has diffused into the international community.
On behalf of the ER Institute and the ER Steering Committee, I am pleased to announce that Professor Oscar Pastor, “Centro de Investigación en Métodos de Producción de Software (PROS)” at the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain is the winner of the 2016 Peter P. Chen Award.
Professor Pastor has been a towering figure in the field of conceptual modeling for more than two decades. Prof. Pastor has contributed both through research and service to the community, and his work has had an impact both on research and practice. On all of the criteria dimensions (research, service, education, practice, reputation), Oscar Pastor is exemplary. He was previously recognized as an ER Fellow in 2010. We extend our congratulations and best wishes to Dr. Pastor and his family
The selection committee consists of five people: the Steering Committee (SC) chair, two Program Committee members appointed by the SC chair, and the previous two years' recipients.